Monday, November 20, 2017

Repeat for second coat

With the first coat of encapsulating epoxy now cured on the frame, the next step is...

Well, the next step is to repeat the whole process. (Surprise!)

First, I lightly sanded the surface with 220 grit sandpaper. Then, I vacuumed the surface a few times. After that, I wiped it off with a rag moistened in hot water to clean away the epoxy dust. Then, of course, I let it dry completely.


First coat, before sanding.
First coat, after sanding.

Detail shot of the sanded first coat.
Then, I applied the second layer of epoxy with a thin foam roller and a foam brush.


Second coat applied to the aft face of Zip frame #2.

Detail shot of second coat.
Stay tuned, to see what mysteries await us in applying the third coat!

No comments:

Post a Comment