Thursday, May 30, 2019

"This could be the last chine...

Okay. Since I badly paraphrased the Foreigner song when I posted about the very first chine lamination going on the starboard side, I thought I might as well badly paraphrase the Stones to announce the second (and hopefully last) chine lamination on the port side.

I scarfed the whole thing in-place.



Yep. That's a total of 64 clamps there. Every clamp I own.


Including two I made. I sheathed them in latex gloves to keep from gluing them to the boat.

See, these do work. I'd characterize them as light-duty, or at most medium-duty, clamps.  They can apply more pressure than a spring clamp, but less than a quick-grip bar clamp. The inverted carriage bolt tends to "walk" the clamp as you tighten it. But, they DO work.

The first starboard chine lam went on in October. Here it is, almost June, and I'm finally gluing on the 2nd port chine. It was a year ago when I attached the stem. Slow, slow progress... but, it's not a race.

No comments:

Post a Comment