Tuesday, May 21, 2019

Trying to finish those Utility updates I started

The last post I made about this season's updates to the Utility was in late March. We're now nearing the end of May, and those updates are still incomplete. I'm trying to change that.

I attached the new floor boards right around the end of March. What followed was a LOT of rain, (dare I say it... "April showers"), and a hectic schedule of business trips.

The result was too much standing water in the boat, with miscellaneous leaves and pine cones floating in it, for long enough to damage the freshly-applied paint & cause some ugly discoloration. 




A good bit of the new paint in the aft section cracked. Some of the new paint along the side of the keel peeled terribly. Oddly, the old paint held up just fine.

So, I've been at work sanding the cracked paint, and of course painting over it. That seems to be coming along pretty well.


More touch-up paint on the aft floor.


Another coat, a little later in the day.

Once I finish the touch-up paint on the floor, I'll finish the green touch-up paint on the transom. I also need to finish the varnish work on the mount for the trolling motor bracket. Then there's the matter of re-routing the wiring for the bilge pump. And, of course, touch-up paint on the keel..... 

Does it ever end?

No. No, it doesn't. 

Welcome to owning a boat.

Thank God I enjoy it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment