Monday, May 6, 2019

Sometimes, you've just gotta go to the lake.

Sometimes, you've just got to put everything else aside, go put the boat in the lake, and float.



That's what I finally did last weekend. The weather was beautiful for it, too. Rainstorms the day before had temporarily washed away the mushroom clouds of pollen that hover over the south this time of year. So the air was clean, with the sweet scent of honeysuckle on the breeze to remind me that it's springtime. Lingering clouds kept it from getting too hot. Great day for boating.

I needed it, too. Lately, life had just become a blur of whirlwind business trips, sports tournaments, and the day-to-day chaos and drama of being a male "soccer mom."

Much better to simply float in silence at a serene little lake.


The lake I went to allows electric motors only, keeping the waters calm and peaceful for people fishing, kayaking and canoeing. So, it was a perfect opportunity to use only my trolling motor. Besides, the gas motor is still off of the boat, because I haven't finished the touch-up painting along the top of the transom yet.

Without the additional 90 – 100 lbs of the outboard & gas tank to push around, the little trolling motor did a great job of moving the boat around easily and quietly.

This was my first trip out with the new floor boards, which I immediately liked. They made getting in and out of the boat much more comfortable.

It was a wonderful, and quiet, day to get away to the lake. Today being a back-to-normal Monday morning... I honestly wish I was still there.

No comments:

Post a Comment