Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Lusitania 13 gets a motor

I mentioned a few posts back that I still have Lusitania 13's transom sitting in my shop. I've kept it around, waiting for it to eventually serve some purpose. (Yes, I'd even considered finishing a Squirt eventually... but at this point I don't think that is likely any time soon.) Some things are a no-brainer, and I believe that is the case with the fate of Lusitania 13's transom.

After a relaxing dinner at Cracker Barrel a few nights ago, I stumbled across this neat little table lamp. It's styled to look like an old Johnson outboard motor from the 1950's. Never mind that the prop is on the wrong side. What better piece of furniture to put it on than a nightstand made from Lusitania 13's transom?

Of course, I haven't made this nightstand... yet. That's another project, coming soon... eventually.

Here's a photo of the lamp... along with what I imagine Lusitania 13's transom artwork would look like:


By the way, May 22 is National Maritime Day, according to my calendar. I've got to admit, I'd never heard of this before. So anyway... Happy National Maritime Day, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment