Saturday, August 6, 2016

Done.

Glen-L Utility

Monday was a fairly typical morning. I had gotten up a little earlier than usual. While the kids were still asleep, I had a couple of cups of coffee and went into the garage to work on the boat. I mixed a minuscule amount of epoxy, because there wasn't much left to be done. 

Using a Q-Tip, I swabbed the inside of the holes I had drilled in the frames. This added the second and final coat of epoxy to water-seal the bare wood. Then, I left it to cure for 24 hours.

Tuesday morning started off with a similar pace... slow, and quiet. I sat in the boat with my 2nd cup of coffee, and routed the wires back through the water-sealed holes & back into the kwik-clips.

I put the leads back on the battery. Then I put the lid back on the battery box, and strapped it down. I bumped the bilge pump switch over to manual, just to make sure it was working.

And just like that, all in a whisper...

The boat was done.


Glen-L Utility

Glen-L Utility



4 comments:

  1. Bravo Michael, great accomplishment! Perseverance pays off!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much, Carl. Building this boat has been a rewarding journey. I'm looking forward to seeing that cruiser of yours in the water!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Michael to let me be part of your build. After all the challenges you went through it makes me really happy to see you succseeded in the end. Good on you! Personally I am one step away to start a Squirt build with my son (12 years). I am equally excited and scared...
    All the best from Switzerland

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you very much for your kind comments and for reading the blog! I'm sure you and your son will have a great time building the Squirt. I've had the pleasure to ride in a couple of them, and they are wonderful little boats... beautiful, and graceful.

    ReplyDelete