I've been trimming the top edge of the transom. I used a power sander to remove most of the overhanging plywood, then hand-sanded the rest for a cleaner finish.
In the process of all this, I found that the top of the motor board was not perpendicular to the center line. So, part of the sanding work was to correct that. I also developed a "U-shaped" dip in the motor board, and I had to flatten that out.
I've basically got the top edge where I want it now. Next will be to cut the beveled notches for the keel, sheers, etc.
|Checking the top of the motor board to make sure it's perpendicular to the center line.|
|Making sure I'd gotten the U-shaped dip out of the motor board. Not perfect, but very close.|
|Trimmed edge along the port-side top.|
|Trimming these curves in the transom cutout was a pain.|