Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Preparing the stem for encapsulation

I should have encapsulated the stem a long time ago, before I ever attached it to the keel. I'm not sure why I didn't. Nonetheless, I did not. I won't repeat that mistake on the Zip.

In any case, it needs to be done now before the planking goes on. In preparation for encapsulating the stem, I need to sand away several dried globs of epoxy that have been stuck on it since earlier stages in construction. The worst of these are directly behind the chines, where they are attached to the stem.

I worked on that a little earlier this morning. As this is the middle of the week, and free time is quite limited, I'm expecting several more days of small, incremental progress in this task.

No comments:

Post a Comment