This gave the side members of Frame #4 a nice diagonal pattern where it is screwed all the way through the lap joint.
I learned my lesson from the port lap joint, so on the starboard joint I was very vigilant to make sure all surface-to-surface contacts were solid.
|Starboard lap joint|
|Epoxy cured, and clamps removed|
I also bought myself a 3/8" plug cutter, to try my hand at installing bungs in those countersunk holes.
The bungs were easy enough to install. For my first attempt at trimming them, I used a chisel to shear them off. This didn't go so well. The bungs broke, as much as they were "sheared." This left a slight indentation in the bungs that was below the surface of the frame. They kind of resembled screw heads.
|First attempt at trimming bungs|
For the other side, I used a saw. This worked MUCH better. The saw trims the bungs quickly, and it does not take long to sand them flush with the rest of the wood.
|Second attempt. Better.|
For the time being, that's about all I can do on Frame #4 until I buy more mahogany to build the deck beam / dash board.