Saturday, February 11, 2017

Bolting the motor to the Utility

Last New Year's Eve, I decided it would be a great idea to celebrate the day by drilling holes in a perfectly good transom. 

The purpose, of course, was to prepare for bolting the Nissan outboard motor to the boat. 

After the holes were drilled, I coated the inside surface with 2 layers of epoxy, using a Q-Tip. When I tested the bolts for fit, it was so snug with the epoxy that I decided not to bother with any additional sealant.

First bolt is through, on the starboard side.

Second bolt is through, on the port side. I used 3" stainless steel bolts, washers and lock nuts.

No comments:

Post a Comment