Sunday, March 31, 2019

Non-skid

Yesterday was a beautiful day... sunny with clear skies, and comfortably warm without being too hot. In-between grilling pork chops and doing battle with a coven of red wasps for control of my new deck, I spent quite a bit of time working on the boat.

The Utility boat, that is. Mostly painting. That included making a non-skid surface for the new floor boards, which are almost ready to install.

Here's a photo of the ongoing cosmetic repairs to the aft floor battens:


Paint layer # God-only-knows-what-at-this-point.
For the non-skid surface on the floorboards, I simply mixed some sand with a little paint. I used sand from the hobby section at Wal-Mart... nothing fancy. I mixed a heaped teaspoon of sand with about 1/3 of that yogurt cup you see in the background of paint. Then I rolled it on with a thin foam roller. I'll roll on maybe 1 more layer of paint on top of this, after the boards are installed in the boat.


The paint along the top of the transom also needs a little touch-up.

Scuffs and scratches from taking the motor off and on several times.

This over-paint along the edge of the sea foam green has always bothered me. I'm going to try to clean that up.

Sanded and primed with AquaGard 190 primer.

Overhead shot, showing where the floor boards will go.

Almost there.

No reason for this photo, really. I just like the artwork.
Yesterday was indeed a beautiful, sunny and warm day. That was yesterday. Today, it's too cold and wet to get much done outside. Perhaps if it warms up, I'll try to get those floor boards installed. For now, I'm just gonna make another cup of coffee.

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment