Wednesday, October 16, 2019

Fairing Diary: Day 472

Day # 472. Fairing... what can I tell you? It's slow.

Although I hadn't written any posts in the blog since the summer, I have actually been working on the boat. Not much, mind you.

I had mostly been fairing around the forward port end of the boat, in the area represented by "Zone 8" of the graphic. That area is making pretty good progress, but in the last few days I've returned my attention to other parts.

My two main goals for the short-term are to flatten out the port side of the keel and trim the port edge of the chine.


Currently, there are two main trouble spots: 

  • A high point on the port side of the keel between Frame #4 and Frame #5-1/2, (represented in "Zone 7" of the graphic). This high point is coming down, slowly. I'm hand-sanding all of this.
  • The overhang of the port chine at Frame #2. I've had to adjust the angle to match the angle of the side of the frame. It has visibly improved, but still has a long way to go.

Okay. À la prochaine, mes amis.


No comments:

Post a Comment