Sunday, October 20, 2019

Fairing Diary: Day 476. Contact!

Day #476... We have chine contact at Frame #2.




In this fairing phase, where progress is measured in tiny little fractions of a millimeter barely noticeable to the naked eye, and too small to measure with any instruments that I own... I'll celebrate every milestone I can. 

My tired and sore, half-century old shoulders tell me I'm making progress. My sore back tells me I'm making progress. The absolute mess of red dust all over everything, including myself... tells me I'm making progress.

Today, that little overhang on the chine, where it extended past Frame #2 on the port side met its end. Hurrah.

Now, back to work... 

1 comment:

  1. Hang in there Mike. Fairing took me six months. It's a slog, but eventually you'll get through it. When you lay the planking down, it will be worth it.

    ReplyDelete