Monday, July 20, 2015

More interior progress

Aside from the area around the foredeck, the sheers are mostly trimmed, as well as the top of the transom.

The remnant of the construction form (which had been stuck to frame #1) has been removed.

Port sheer, looking forward. This area still needs to be faired for the decking.


Floor, looking forward from the back of the boat.

Screws have been trimmed on all the butt joints.

Floor, looking forward from the back of the boat.

Starboard sheer, looking forward.

I still need to add framing to support the deck.

The hole for the bow eye is off-center. However, this was all strong enough to support the front of the boat during the flip, so I imagine it'll be fine left as-is. I do still need to fill in the hole with epoxy to seal it.

Floor, looking aft from the side of the boat. This is where the construction form had gotten stuck to the frame.

Here, I was sanding away excess epoxy along the starboard chine. Before I knew it, I'd sanded through the top ply on the plywood. 

Screws trimmed away from the butt block on the starboard side.

Screws trimmed away from the butt block on the starboard side.

1 comment:

  1. Looking Great Mike. You are starting to really move along now. Your interior looks cleaner than mine does. I've made some attempt to start cleaning it up but still have huge amounts of work to do on the exterior.

    Anyway, keep up the good work. I am glad you are posting more frequent updates. Nice to see boats getting completed. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete