Using my angle finder, I determined the transom-to-sheer corner angle to be 110°, or a 10° outward rake. (The keel-to-transom rake is 12°). Of course, theory is all fine and good... I drew it, I cut it, I planed it. I still had to re-cut it to fit. C'est la vie.
With another angle-finding tool, I determined that the vertical rake from the transom to the midline of the sheer was about 5°. So, I adjusted my planer/jointer to 5° and planed the edge of the knee that will mate to the transom. Happily, it worked great the first time.
A little minimal corner-cleaning with a chisel, and everything fit great. Repeat for the other side.
I've also heard these pieces referred to as "corner knees." Whatever the proper term is, I still need to finish sanding them.
|Port quarter knee.|
|Starboard quarter knee.|
|This is where I'm planing to install the rear cleats.|