Sunday, June 28, 2015

Two More Coats of Whidbey White

I'll just let the pictures tell the story...


Here you can see the flattened area & secondary indentations on the bow to accommodate the bow eye. The hull has also been lightly sanded with 220 grit in preparation for the 3rd coat of paint.

Hull lightly sanded in preparation for the 3rd coat of paint.

Hull lightly sanded in preparation for the 3rd coat of paint.

After two more coats of Whidbey White, I pulled off the tape and newspaper.

I had to do a little touch-up painting along the edges of the transom. There are several more spots that need some touch-up paint.

Sea Foam Green, Whidbey White, and bright-finished Meranti.

Ink from the newspaper left ugly stains on the paint. So far, I haven't been able to clean them off. I may simply paint another coat over it. Obviously, I wouldn't recommend using newspaper for this sort of thing.


Fitting the bow eye.

No comments:

Post a Comment