Thursday, September 10, 2015

G9 minus eight: White at the end of the tunnel


Eight days to the G9 Boatbuilder Gathering. Today I checked the tracking on my shipment of epoxy. It's not due to arrive for another 5 days.

As much as I had hoped to have "Perseverance" ready or usable in time to take it to G9, I'm beginning to think that's not going to happen. I'm also beginning to not worry about it, either. Truly, what's the rush? It's not a competition. Yes, I'd be disappointed this year to not be able to show my boat to other builders who have inspired and encouraged me along the way. But, if the boat's not ready yet... then it's just not. I'm not gonna stress out about it. 

Still, I'm going to keep pushing forward & we'll see what happens.

So... Today's update:

I've started painting the interior of the hull. I also bought or ordered more hardware and supplies necessary for the completion and usage of the boat:

  • Stainless steel eye-bolt
  • 2 fenders
  • 2 fender lines
  • 2 dock lines
  • 2 Stainless steel fender cleats
  • 1 Stainless steel 6" Herreshoff cleat (for the deck)
  • more stainless steel screws
  • Z-Spar Captain's Varnish
  • Perko oarlock sockets
  • Perko oarlocks



This eye bolt will be mounted to one of the transom knees. It will be used to attach a safety line to the outboard motor, in case the motor vibrates free from the transom. I got this idea from the Utility that I got to drive at last year's boatbuilder gathering (G8).

First coat of Whitbey White brushed onto the forward section of the hull.






No comments:

Post a Comment