Wednesday, September 16, 2015

G9 minus two


Two days to the G9 Boatbuilders Gathering. I've basically been focusing on getting the boat trailerable. The boat won't be finished, of course, but several other builders have encouraged me to bring it, as-is. 

Hard to resist. I've wanted to have my own boat at one of these events for years now.

In yesterday's post, I left off at the "predicament" that the bow support would not reach the boat. This morning, I had a mind-blowing epiphany: "Push the boat forward." Sheesh.

True, this does push the boat forward enough that the hull is not being supported by the full length of the bunks, but I think it will be okay. The bow eye placement turned out to be a non-issue... in fact I'd say it's near ideal.

The locking mechanism on the trailer winch isn't working properly, so for the time being I'm using a tie-down strap on the bow.




A state DNR ranger came out today to inspect the hull. This is part of the boat registration process, in order to create a HIN (Hull Identification Number) for the boat.

Piece by piece, step by step... it's all slowly coming together.

No comments:

Post a Comment