Monday, September 7, 2015

Labor Day weekend in the boat shop

Another holiday weekend spent working on the boat. This time, I was coating the interior of the hull with epoxy, in preparation for painting. The goal was two coats of epoxy. Fortunately, I did get two coats applied to the forward third of the hull. I got one coat applied to the rest. 

Then I ran out of epoxy.

The G-9 Gathering of Glen-L boatbuilders is coming up in less than two weeks. For once, I'd like to be able to take my own boat. Who knows if I'll be able to get "Perseverance" to a usable condition by then. It'll be close...


Epoxy curing on the interior of the hull.

Two layers on the starboard quarter knee.

Two layers on the port quarter knee.


1 comment:

  1. Keep it up Mike. Perseverance is looking great. If you want to get to G-9 with her, focus on the necessary. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete