Sunday, September 13, 2015

G9 minus five. Perseverance is a work in progress.

Five days until the G9 Boatbuilders Gathering.

I think I mentioned in an earlier post that, I never intended for this boat to have more than a "workboat" quality finish. In many ways, this project has been more about wanting a boat, and proving to myself that I could build one. A blue-ribbon, classic boat show museum piece, she was simply never meant to be. 

So, aside from trying to do the best job I can on a bright-finished transom and foredeck, I've accepted the rest of the finish to be, well... rough around the edges.

Still, some of those epoxy runs on Frame #2 were just irritating me. So, today I decided to sand them off, (or at least down), since I was already going to paint another coat over it, anyway.


Epoxy runs sanded off of Frame #2.

The underside of the breasthook needs some more paint, too

There's still a lot of work to be done, just to get the boat ready to travel... let alone for her to be finished. But, she's getting closer. Perseverance is a work in progress. 

I guess we all are, each in our own ways.

I'll close with a quote from James, one of Jesus' brothers:

"Let perseverance finish its work, so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything."

James 1:4 NIV
Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment